Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The future (poem)


October 26, 2010

Someday I won’t be here
You may knock on my door
Or hit up my phone
But only blissful silence
Will answer the call
And I will be far, far away
You won’t be able to reach me
Finally on this day
Far, far away
I will be able to exhale




What I entail behind this poem:
I’m here for a purpose, and that purpose is to help people. Therefore I cannot afford to be static, I must constantly be learning, progressing and someday I will become a doctor. I would like to do something similar if not join the foundation “doctors without boarders.” I really believe this is and has always been my calling in life and I can’t think of anything I’d rather do. So someday I will no longer be in the U.S. I will be very far away and when this day comes I will finally be living my dream that the greatest of Architects has drawn up for me. And on this day I will finally be able to exhale because this part of my journey will have then been met. I can’t wait, and I will of course be back. I want a family more than anything (possibly take my wife with me if the situation arises). But I must take this one step at a time and someday my dream will be accomplished and I can go forth with other dreams and continue helping people in whatever way I can. And perhaps someday I will be able to relax again, but rarely do I convince myself that there is time to enjoy what God has given me. My brain is a unique part of me that rarely slows down and would rather keep pointing toward the future, toward undiscovered ground and opportunities that I have yet to find. With constant worry for my loved ones I look forward to moments like the one I wrote about where I can finally exhale and tell myself “good job, you did it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment